Ace your PSLE Comprehension Open Ended Workshop Ace your PSLE Comprehension Open Ended Workshop Learn the LJEC Comprehension OE Techniques Techniques to help you understand the passage better Understanding the mark distribution and marking scheme for questions?...
PSLE/Primary English Oral Online Preparation Workshop
ORAL EXAMINATION BOOSTER WORKSHOP- For PSLE Primary 6 students & Primary levels
We even spotted one of the two oral questions every year, for the past five years!
To Register, Call/Whatsapp us: 9625 2102
“Learning Journey prepared me very well for my oral exams as they arranged different teachers to conduct oral sessions with me. I had very intensive practices and that really boosted my confidence to score for my oral exams!”
💯Getting FULL MARKS for PSLE ORAL is POSSIBLE!💯
We spotted ONE out of two PSLE Oral questions every year for the last five years!
We have a track record of helping many students achieve FULL MARKS for their oral exams!
Improved from 20+to Full Marks for P6 Prelims Oral!
⭐Charlie Cho, Primary 6, Bukit Timah Primary School
⭐Cayden Tan, Primary 6, Henry Park Primary School
⭐Lucas, Primary 6, Edgefield Primary School
and many others!
🎙️PSLE Oral Workshop🎙️
🔹 We have a track record of preparing our students well for PSLE Oral Examinations with our quality & comprehensive in-house materials and rigorous oral practices.
🔹Extra simulated oral practice sessions for students who need more practice to build their confidence for their oral examination
🔹 Improve pronunciation, diction, vocal expression, intonation and articulation
🔹 With in-house oral materials that are developed to follow the PSLE format, modelled after actual oral examination questions tested in primary schools
🔹 Each session will cover 1 topic with class discussion and related vocabulary
🔹 Each session is limited to 6 students.
🔹 32 topics to be covered up till PSLE Oral
💻 Zoom Online: Every Friday 7-8.30pm
$95 (1 session X 1.5h) 1 topic covered
$180 (2 sessions x 1.5h) 2 topics covered
For first lesson with us, 1 topic will be covered + Oral techniques
For subsequent lesson, 1 topic will be covered each lesson for subsequent sessions
Call/Whatapps Us: 📱97208802
To find out more: https://theonlineenglishclassroom.com/psle-primary-english-oral-preparation-workshop/
To Register, Call/Whatsapp us: 9720 8802
You may find it puzzling that your child constantly scores an average mark for their oral examination despite having a glib tongue and the ability to recognise most difficult words. There could be many underlying problems that you as a parent, would not notice in your daily conversations with your child.
Reading: The problems that students face when it comes to the reading component can be categorised into three different situations:
– Pace: Many students have adopted the habit of reading either too fast and missing out on reading certain words and ignoring punctuations.
– Intonation: Intonation refers to the rise and fall of the voice when speaking. Most students fall into the category of reading in a monotonous or a staccato tone especially in situations whereby they are hesitant about the pronunciation of the words.
– Articulation: Extra points are awarded for students who are able to capture the nuances of the individual sounds within a word. The delivery of the words must not sound exaggerated.
Stimulus-Based Conversation: This is one component that leaves many students stumped. It can be especially nerve-wrecking for them as it requires quite a bit of spontaneity when the teacher throws you a question during the examination. Once again, problems that the students face fall into three categories.
– Run-of-the-mill answers: Students tend to think that there should always be a ‘right answer’. The truth is there is no right or wrong answer. However, examiners will look at how sound your responses are and if you are able to bring a fresh point of view to the conversation.
– Too brief responses/ lack of personal opinions and experience sharing: If pupils find that they are constantly fielded questions from the examiners, that is when they have to know that they are in the danger zone. The examiners would not be able to award you marks if your responses are too short for them to analyse and contemplate upon.
– Usage of Singlish: This is the hardest habit to break. Appropriate English has to be used during the oral examination. Too often, students find themselves lapsing into colloquial English midway through the conversation.
There are ways to tackle these issues!Start your child early and sign up for our Primary English Oral Booster Workshop to get them well-prepped for what’s to come!
To Register, Call/Whatsapp us: 9720 8802
With the PSLE Oral examinations approaching…we hear these complaints from exasperated parents
“I don’t know how to go about teaching him …’
“She never knows what to say, I’m at my wit’s end!’
“She just refuses to open her golden mouth!”
Do these statements struck a chord with you?
While oral tests used to be just a descriptive picture accompanied by passage reading, times have changed and things have gotten tougher!
Don’t fret… the good news is that we are here to lend a helping hand!
Our in-house workshop materials is up-to-date with the latest PSLE syllabus, providing the most suitable practice materials for our students.
During the sessions, the following will be covered:
- Techniques and tips on scoring well for stimulus based conversation
- Allowing your child to practice on a variety of challenging questions tested in local schools
- Oral Examination Stimulation Sessions with a team of our teachers, which serves as a platform for your child to get actual practice and prepare themselves mentally.
Optional component (Please inform us if you would like us to cover this component):
- Passage reading /Reading with expression/Speech Skills – pronunciation, articulation, tonation, reading aloud skills, vocal expression
Build your children’s confidence, enhance their communication skills and improve their pronunciation, diction and vocal expression with this workshop!
Check Out The Other Primary Classes
Ace Your English Oral Booster Workshop 🎤𝐀𝐜𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐎𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩🎤 We spotted ONE out of two PSLE Oral questions every year for the last five years!We have a track record of helping many students achieve FULL MARKS for their oral exams!...
Following the success of our most popular Super Writers™ creative writing programme for primary school students, we have decided to launch the SUPER WRITERS JUNIOR programme by popular demand from parents!
Super Writers™: Creative Writing (P4-6) To Register, Call/Whatsapp us: 9625 2102Discover How Your Child Can Learn Useful Techniques & Strategies to Improve His Composition Writing Skills Effectively In The Shortest Time…Small classes, customized learning...
PSLE Intensive English Prep Classes Is your child well-prepared for his/her PSLE? With these classes, your child will be ready to ace his/her examinations with confidence! Our intensive preparation classes will be conducted by Teacher Grace and our team of LJEC...
With our online oral course, your child can practice his/her oral online with our teachers without leaving the house!